What is an Altar Server?
Altar Servers are lay liturgical ministers whose main role is to assist the priest in celebrating the mass. They are in charge of holding the roman missal when the priest prays the collect prayer during mass, set up the altar during the preparation of the gifts, carry the processional candles, and the cross during the procession.
What are the requirements/qualifications?
- A candidate must be an active member of the parish.
- He/She must receive Holy Communion.
- He/She must have a strong desire to serve at the altar of the Lord.
- He/she must be at least 9 years of age.
- He/She must complete the 3 sessions of altar server training.
For more information of this ministry contact Pete Casanova, email@example.com