The Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment to follow Christ. It is with great joy that St. Francis of Assisi Parish welcomes your child in Baptism. We hope this is the beginning of a long relationship of faith experiences in our community. We look forward to helping you in a way we can to spread the Good News of Jesus. We encourage you to find a mass time that will be convenient to your family and for you to attend on a regular basis.
Note: Infant baptism is for children 6 years and younger, if your child is older please contact Lisa Nakamura at email@example.com
Our mission based on Matthew 28: 19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.
Baptism at St. Francis of Assisi
Saturdays at 10:00 am:
- English – 1 st and 3rd Saturday of the month
- Vietnamese – 2 nd Saturday of the month
- Spanish – 4 th Saturday of the month
Complete the required documents noted below and deliver to the Parish office. Once we have received these, the Baptism Coordinator will contact you to schedule the Baptism Preparation Class and the date of your child’s baptism. Please allow three months for the entire baptism process.
- Baptismal Request form – pick up a copy in the Parish office or download and print the PDF
- Original County birth certificate – we will make a copy in the office and return the original
- Parish Registration form – we encourage you to register and become a part of our Parish, however, this is not a requirement
- Other Parish letter – if you are registered at another Parish we need a ‘Permission to Baptize at St. Francis of Assisi’ letter from that Parish
- Donation of $80
- Parents and main Godparents completion of the Baptismal Preparation Class
Baptismal Preparation Class – attendance must be scheduled by Baptism Coordinator
- Classes are held the 1st Thursday of the month from 7-8pm
- Classes are offered only in English and are held at the Parish office
- For parents and godparents baptizing at another Church and only attending the Preparation Class at Saint Francis of Assisi, there is a $10.00 donation for the certificate.
Requirements for Godparents
- Practicing Catholic, must have received Holy Eucharist and have been Confirmed
- Minimum 16 years of age