Welcome to St. Francis of Assisi
As you prepare to baptize your child, you are given the opportunity to reflect and re-evaluate your commitment and discipleship in the Catholic faith. The fact that you are planning to baptize your child expresses your commitment to your faith. Your example will mold the faith of your child. It’s such a special and sacred time, reminding us that we are all children of God and have an expressed covenant to participate in our Catholic Community.
- English Baptisms
- 10:00am 1st & 3rd Saturdays of the month
- Vietnamese Baptisms
- 10:00am 2nd Saturday of every other month
- Spanish Baptisms
- 10:00am 4th Saturday of every other month
- (Check with baptism coordinator)
Please plan ahead and allow at least three months for the entire baptism process.
Read the instructions carefully. The baptism date will not be scheduled until all requirements have been received.
A. Required documentation to be scheduled for baptism at St. Francis of Assisi:
Once all items are received you’ll be contacted within the week by the Baptismal
Coordinator in order to provide you with a scheduled date.
- Completed Baptismal Request Form
- Child’s County Birth Certificate
- $80 – registered and active St. Francis of Assisi Parishioners
- $100 – non registered, or registered less than 3 months
- Signed godparent affirmation letters – one for each godparent.
- Please read the Canonical laws to make sure the assigned godparents meet the requirements.
B. Baptismal Preparation Class:
Both Parents & Godparents must attend a Preparation Class.
- The Baptismal Coordinator will register you for the class.
- Parents are responsible for notifying the godparents of the date and time.
- If you have taken a class within the last 3 years you are not required to take it again.
- If taken here at St. Francis of Assisi we will check the date.
- If taken elsewhere we need to receive a copy of the certificate.
- Taking the Prep Class at another parish:
- Parents or godparents may take the class at another parish, we need a copy of the class certificate 3 weeks prior to the baptism date.
C. Permission from ‘other Parish’ – if applicable
If you are registered at another Parish, but wish to baptize your child at St. Francis of Assisi, we will need a permission letter from that Parish in order for you to baptize your child here.
Not baptizing at St. Francis of Assisi but taking a Baptismal Preparation Class here:
You may attend a class at SFOA if there is space available. We will need the information on the date and church the child is to be baptized in. A donation will be required, more information will be provided if we are able to schedule you into a class.
Delivery of documentation:
- At the parish office: (office hours Mon - Fri 9:00 – 12:00 and 1:00 – 4:00)
- All forms are available at the office, please bring a clear copy of the birth certificate or the original certificate and we can make a copy here.
- In email: Send the attachments in an email to email@example.com
- Download, complete and attach the required documents Baptismal Request Form, Godparent Affirmation Letter.
- Scan a clear version of the County Birth Certificate
- The donation may be mailed to St. Francis of Assisi –
St. Francis of Assisi – Baptism
5111 San Felipe Rd., San Jose, CA 95135.
Please make a note on the check: Baptism & (child’s name)