As we come to the end of the financial year on June 30 we continue to give you information on some of the programs and efforts that we made in the major areas of Parish Life.
As you know we can put all of the ministries that we do into five major areas: Administration, Faith Formation, Community, Worship and Outreach. We gave you lists of what we did in the areas of Outreach, Worship and Administration and we now add some of the things that we did in Faith Formation.
- Ignatius Exercises- a group of eight people studied these with Sr. Pat Galli over a period of seven months.
- Awakening Faith- outreach to Inactive Catholics and others ( 20 people)
- Small Christian Communities- started three new groups, eight in each group
- New Mothers Groups- an ongoing support group for new moms
- Walk for Life- Two busloads of people went to San Francisco for this walk in January.
- Baptismal Instruction for Parents and Godparents.
- Marriage Preparation Classes for engaged couples.
- Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults seeking to become Catholic.
- Vacation Bible School for Children (65) operated by our youth leaders.
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW)
- Summer Literacy Program for elementary school children operated as part of the Deanery 6 Multi-parish Co-op
Of course we also had our Generations of Faith Program, First Communion, Confirmation, Echo and Ignite programs. We are grateful to our staff for their hard work and to the ministers who worked with them to make all of these programs possible.
We thank the members of the Faith Formation Commission who work to set goals and objectives in this area of the life of the Parish.